**** Mounting new directories? ******

Post by HADI SALIM JAM » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 13:12:04

Hello,
When I initially installed Linux I configure the root directory
to be mounted on to /dev/hda1 and /usr/X11 on /dev/hda2
However, due to my usage (email,news,etc) hda1 is now 100%
whereas hda2 is only 30%
I was wondering if there was a way that i could move some directories
from /dev/hda1 to /dev/hda2 ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Jamal
--
??

**** Mounting new directories? ******

Post by Highlander C H B » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 04:36:21

: Hello,
: When I initially installed Linux I configure the root directory
: to be mounted on to /dev/hda1 and /usr/X11 on /dev/hda2
: However, due to my usage (email,news,etc) hda1 is now 100%
: whereas hda2 is only 30%
: I was wondering if there was a way that i could move some directories
: from /dev/hda1 to /dev/hda2 ?

: Any help will be much appreciated.
: Jamal

        In the Tips.HOWTO you can find a way to move directories across file
systems.( you can find it in comp.os.linux.answers ) Then you just have to
softlink the dirs in your root partion with the new partion

Ps: ( cd <source dir> ; tar cf - . ) | ( cd <dest dir> ; tar xvfp - )
        just looked it up