HP DJ520 Printcap

Post by timothy wrig » Sun, 14 Aug 1994 01:40:51

Hello.  I'm experiencing a great deal of difficulty with spooling anything to
my HP Deskjet 520.  I get the feeling that I may require a specific kind of
entry for this printer in my /etc/printcap file.  If anyone has access to such
a beast, I would be most appreciative if he/she could email it to me, or post
it here.  Thanks.

1. Setting up and HP DJ520. Help.

I tried to disable the staircase effect on my printer nothing works.

What do I have to do?

I edited the etc/printcap file to set up my printer since it was an empty
file.

I added the ':if=/usr/lib/lpf:'

and I created an lpf file like it:

if [ "$1" = -c ]
   cat
else
   sed -e s/$/^M/
fi
echo -ne \\f

but nothing works.

Tell me how to use it all for my printer to work.  All I want for now is to
be able to print text files.

N.B.:   Linux kernel v1.1.59
        Slakware v2.10
        Using tcsh shell

Thanks.

J-S.

2. String Editing in KSH

3. CAN I PRINT POSTCRIPT FILE ON HP DJ520

4. connection refused

5. Ghostscript and HP DJ520

6. DNS broke and this error has been seen

7. PostScript Files & HP DJ520 Printer

8. Date and Time Question

9. Printing Problems with HP-DJ520

10. printcap for HP Deskjet and HP LJ ?

11. HP Deskjet 600Cse Printcap

12. Printcap filter for HP 400 printer on FreeBSD

13. printcap file for HP IIP printer