NTFS and RedHat 7

Post by Jason Ellmer » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:47:13

Dear All,

Can some help, as I am a newbie to the whole Linux thing (thought it was
about time to have a play)

I have installed a copy of redhat 7 on a win2k machine and was wondering if
you can mount the windows partition, I think I have seen a post somewhere
saying that you can't, yet!  OK fair enough.

Can you mount a networked NTFS partition??

Oh and a minor point, how do you activate the NTFS filesystem type in the
kernel as I have just upgraded to 2.2.19 and it is not listed in
/etc/filesystems.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Jason

PS please email me direct if you could.

NTFS and RedHat 7

Post by -*harmonix* » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:38:01

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:47:13 -0000

<Dear All,
<
[...]

(from personal experience a few months back): linux NTFS filesystem support is READ ONLY.
find the Filesystem HOWTO.
::points at the big ole internet shaped critter::

--
-*harmonix*-
-Brigadier General agvngc-

NTFS and RedHat 7

Post by Jason Ellmer » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:22:46

Thats fine...

But how about the network file systems too???

Regards

Jason

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:47:13 -0000

> <Dear All,
> <
> <Can some help, as I am a newbie to the whole Linux thing (thought it was
> <about time to have a play)
> <
> <I have installed a copy of redhat 7 on a win2k machine and was wondering
if
> <you can mount the windows partition, I think I have seen a post somewhere
> <saying that you can't, yet!  OK fair enough.
> <
> <Can you mount a networked NTFS partition??
> <
> <Oh and a minor point, how do you activate the NTFS filesystem type in the
> <kernel as I have just upgraded to 2.2.19 and it is not listed in
> </etc/filesystems.
> <
> <Hope someone can help.
> <
> <Regards
> <
> <Jason
> <
> <PS please email me direct if you could.
> <
> <
> <
> <

> (from personal experience a few months back): linux NTFS filesystem

support is READ ONLY.

Quote:> find the Filesystem HOWTO.