Configuring sz/rz to run in 8 bits.

Post by Kristopher Kortrig » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 20:18:43

    Ive recently got my system up and running fully, but no one can seem to
upload or download at all. The system seems to set itself into 7Bit mode by
default, and zmodem can't get the proper handshaking when you try and start
a download. I assume the problem is withing stty or something, perhaps a
setting in getty or termio, though I haven't been able to find it after many
hours of searching FAQ's, HOWTO's, the irc, and man pages. What do you have
to do to so the terminal into 8 Bit mode for everyone so they can all invoke
sz/rz without problems?

        Kristopher

PS: Please respond here as we aren't yet registered in the name server so
mail will bounce. :)

Post by Jim Anders » Wed, 30 Mar 1994 23:47:15

K>     Ive recently got my system up and running fully, but no one can
K> seem to upload or download at all. The system seems to set itself
K> into 7Bit mode by default, and zmodem can't get the proper
K> handshaking when you try and start a download. I assume the problem
K> is withing stty or something, perhaps a setting in getty or termio,
K> though I haven't been able to find it after many hours of searching
K> FAQ's, HOWTO's, the irc, and man pages. What do you have to do to
K> so the terminal into 8 Bit mode for everyone so they can all invoke
K> sz/rz without problems?

I too *desparately* need an answer to this question.

-Jim

--
Jim Anderson

(212) 902-2406

Post by Hal N. Broo » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 12:13:02

>K>     Ive recently got my system up and running fully, but no one can
>K> seem to upload or download at all. The system seems to set itself
>K> into 7Bit mode by default, and zmodem can't get the proper
>K> handshaking when you try and start a download. I assume the problem
>K> is withing stty or something, perhaps a setting in getty or termio,
>K> though I haven't been able to find it after many hours of searching
>K> FAQ's, HOWTO's, the irc, and man pages. What do you have to do to
>K> so the terminal into 8 Bit mode for everyone so they can all invoke
>K> sz/rz without problems?

>I too *desparately* need an answer to this question.

>-Jim

What flags do you guys have in the corresponding /etc/gettydefs entry?
I'm thinking that either CS8 or SANE might correct this problem.

Date: 30 Mar 1994 03:13:02 GMT

Anderson) writes:

(Kristopher Kortright) writes:

>K>     Ive recently got my system up and running fully, but no one can
>K> seem to upload or download at all. The system seems to set itself
>K> into 7Bit mode by default, and zmodem can't get the proper
>K> handshaking when you try and start a download. I assume the problem
>K> is withing stty or something, perhaps a setting in getty or termio,
>K> though I haven't been able to find it after many hours of searching
>K> FAQ's, HOWTO's, the irc, and man pages. What do you have to do to
>K> so the terminal into 8 Bit mode for everyone so they can all invoke
>K> sz/rz without problems?

>I too *desparately* need an answer to this question.

>-Jim

What flags do you guys have in the corresponding /etc/gettydefs entry?
I'm thinking that either CS8 or SANE might correct this problem.

1. Configuring sz, rz, and kermit.

    Ive recently got my system up and running fully, but no one can seem to
upload or download at all. The system seems to set itself into 7Bit mode by
default, and zmodem can't get the proper handshaking when you try and start
a download. I assume the problem is withing stty or something, perhaps a
setting in getty or termio, though I haven't been able to find it after many
hours of searching FAQ's, HOWTO's, the irc, and man pages. What do you have
to do to so the terminal into 8 Bit mode for everyone so they can all invoke
sz/rz without problems?

        Kristopher

PS: Please respond here as we aren't yet registered in the name server so
mail will bounce. :)

2. Recursive invocation of the same command on multiple files within a directory structure

3. comm program to run the sz and rz programs

4. Network performance i 2.4.18 compared to 2.4.17

5. Running SZ/RZ

6. Linux, distributions and what I'm allowed to do

7. Help find "sx/rx and sz/rz".

8. How to limit dial-in users?

9. sz / rz trouble, enable binary?

10. "sz" and "rz" for solaris 2.3 ??

11. sz/rz broken? - newbie

12. source code need for rz/sz programs .

13. sz/rz/minicom