How to change port number for Proftpd

Post by '88GT Ver » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 19:13:26

Hello,

I'm very new to linux and need some help.
I need to change the port number that Proftpd lisens on.  The default is 21,
but I need to set it to 2112.  I tried changing the inetd.conf, services,
proftpd.conf and proftpd.conf.master.  None of those worked.  Am I missing
something??  Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.
Mark

Post by Davi » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 04:01:03

> Hello,

> I'm very new to linux and need some help.
> I need to change the port number that Proftpd lisens on.  The default is 21,
> but I need to set it to 2112.  I tried changing the inetd.conf, services,
> proftpd.conf and proftpd.conf.master.  None of those worked.  Am I missing
> something??  Any help would be appreciated..

> Thanks.
> Mark

After changing the port number in /etc/proftpd.conf did you restart
proftpd?

ID # 123538

1. Changing FTP server port number

  I would like to change the FTP server's port number from 21 to
something else.  I've done it for the web server (httpd.conf file) but I
haven't been able to find documentation for the ftp server.

  Any ideas or directions to go in would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Bauer

http://junior.apk.net/~rsbauer

2. DAT Audio

3. How to change openwin's tcp port number

4. ide cdrom

5. How to change port numbers under redhat ?

6. internet sharing

7. changing telnet port number

8. solaris8

9. Impact of changing rexec port number

10. Changing Port numbers on Netscape 4.07

11. How to change incomming NFS connection port number - URGENT !!!!

12. change my http port number?

13. Changing FTP server port number