mail replies to an offline Linux box

Post by Bret A. Schuhmach » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 07:48:53

Hello all,

1) get my provider to put a line in their hosts file for my IP address.

What happens if I'm not SLIPped in when the mail is sent to me?  Is there some mechanism for spooling up mail and waiting for me to log in, not unlike pop?

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Bret
 Bret A. Schuhmacher
 WebNet Technologies, Inc.
 http://webnet.pic.net

 Bret A. Schuhmacher, Consultant

 Currently at                                     fault by my own.
 DSC Communications Corp, Plano Texas
 ____ That's how it happens - living life by the drop.  Stevie Ray Vaughan __

1. Offline reading; reply-to:copernico@tin.it

Hi.
After long nights of hard fight I have connected to the web with my Linux
sistem. I have tried to access newsgroups and I was literally going mad to
discover how to mark a message for offline reading. After some good readings
I think that some other configuration is to be made to achieve what I need.
I have dowloaded the last version of leafnode. Can somebody tell me if this
is the right program for me, since my sistem single-user? Where may I found
some more docs than those provided with the package of leafnode itself? If
you think leafnode is not what I need, can you suggest any other tool?
Thank you very much.
AS

--
Antonino Sabetta

2. linux/fs.h, struct file_operations, (*lock) fuction ptr help

3. set mail from address and mail reply adress in Unix command line

4. Problems installing OSD 5 and a DOS partition

5. Help -- Linux box can send mail out, but cannot receive mail

6. sound

7. Linux box with eth aliases replies twice to Novell

8. man pages

9. Are there any offline news/mail readers for LINUX?

10. Offline mail program for Linux?

11. BWAVE off-line mail reader LIKE for Linux????

12. Can Ping Windows Box, But Windows Box Can't Ping Linux Box

13. How to connect a linux box with a win95 box or OS/2 box?