More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

Post by M. Ro » Mon, 07 Nov 1994 10:45:46

  Dear Readers,
       This is the 4th week that I have tried to get Linux to recognize
       my Panasonic SoundBlaster CD- ROM. I have tried to mount it using
       the Soundblaster CD drivers Etc. It is for this reason that I am
       still left wondering...... I have a 486 DX 33Mhz,Cirrus VL 5428
       video, and 16 MB of Ram. When I start Linux from my Boot disk, it
       tells me that it has reconized my CD-ROM and so I feed my Root disk.
               The trouble is that when I try to run Linux Slackware from my CD-ROM
       it tells me, CD Device Timed out and ignores my CD totally.
              As far as I am aware this problem has been reported by lots
       of people with the same CD's as myself.
               Maybe it is '' About time for a correction''. Maybe Panasonic knows
               a ' bit' more than We Do???

       I am open to any reasonable suggestion or idea.
              Thank you.
                M. Rokach.

1. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

Hello Group,

After spending a day on installing an Oracle database to 7025 F80 i was hit
by a rock.

Suddenly I got SCSI sync error and the machine was dead.

The leds on the tape drive was all flashing.

No commands were available - I was out of disks. No telnet nor nothing
working except dumb ping.

So I pressed reset. All the tests are fine after reboot - but how am I
supposed to run a db on it ?

Can I trust this machine any more ? What nightmare was it ?

I read log report and got a message to check SCSI cable or SCSI device. Buth
how on earth can a SCSI work fine for hours and then crash without warning ?

Any comments ?

Andrej

2. IBM boosts Linux for oil industry

3. I have trouble with SoundBlaster 16/Panasonic CD

4. Uncompress Puzzle.taz

5. PanaSonic CD troubles...

6. cox@home setup

7. Trouble on Panasonic 562x CD-ROM

8. Will 33mhz run Trans-Ameritech Linux?

9. Linux and Panasonic CD Rom trouble

10. Trouble mounting Panasonic CD-ROM

11. Troubles CD Writing with the Panasonic/Matsushita 7502

12. Linux and Panasonic CD Rom trouble

13. Panasonic KXL-D740 PCMCIA CDROM; trouble mounting RedHat 3.0.3 install CD