Sound card on a T4700CT ?

Post by Wayne Veille » Thu, 16 Feb 1995 22:21:51

Hi:

I tried to use the sound card with Linux on my notebook T4700CT
from Toshiba. But, I don't know what kind of card is in there ! Does
anyone knows if it is soundblaster compatible or soemthing else ?
I looked to the manual and nothing is mentioned. I have the drivers
for MS-Windoze but I'm using Linux all the time...

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

1. Toshiba T4700CT Sound Hardware ?

Hi,

i have a nice little Toshiba T4700CT Notebook running here
under RedHat 5.2. Installation went fine, but I am not able to
get the sound working...

Does anyone have more information about the sound hardware used
in that box ? I tried CS4232 and Windows Sound System and it didnt
work. The only information I got from the BIOS is the Base Address
which is 0x530. When I try to detect that stuff with sndconfig it
produces only a small "click" but I am not able to play a .au-file...

Can anyone help ?

Ah, yes, another question: Is the WD90Cxx-VGA-Controller really
limited to 8-bit graphics ? Window Maker really looks ugly with
255 colors... :(

Thanks a lot in advance,

 Robert
Robert Braeutigam (EDV/URL)
Zentrum fuer Europaeische Wirtschaftsforschung GmbH (ZEW)
L7,1 68161 Mannheim Tel.: +49(0)621 1235-272, -212
                    Fax.: +49(0)621 1235-224, -226

2. Can not boot

3. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

4. Extract message from telnet by program

5. Possible Faqs on Sound cards <I have read the Sound card How 2>

6. portmap log messages

7. Why does Gettyps change port permission?

8. Sound: Replace beep with other sound thru pc speaker/sound card?

9. XConfig for Toshiba t4700ct laptop (wd90C24), anyone?

10. Need XFree86 Xconfig for Toshiba T4700CT notebook

11. Xconfig for T4700CT

12. ??: `cat sound.au >/dev/audio` Noisy After New Sound Card Installed??