Qube3 user administration - length of user name > 12

Qube3 user administration - length of user name > 12

Post by Bernhard Po » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:07:19

Hello everybody,

I am maintaining a Qube3. Now it is being used for connecting to
another server. Therefor, it is necessary, that I create a user with a
user name > 12 characters. The administration tool tells me that this
is not allowed.

How can I get rid of this restriction?

I need at least 13 characters. This user (as stupid as it is!) is
definitely needed, because it is used for logging into the other
system and they are not going to change the user on the "other side".

I tried to start adduser or useradd on a terminal, but this does not
seem to work. I even tried to add the user manually in the
/etc/passwd. Also no effect.

Who knows what to do?

Thanks in advance,

          Bernhard

Qube3 user administration - length of user name > 12

Post by Bill Marcu » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:53:24

On 20 Nov 2002 02:07:19 -0800,

Quote:> Hello everybody,

> I am maintaining a Qube3. Now it is being used for connecting to
> another server. Therefor, it is necessary, that I create a user with a
> user name > 12 characters. The administration tool tells me that this
> is not allowed.

> How can I get rid of this restriction?

> I need at least 13 characters. This user (as stupid as it is!) is
> definitely needed, because it is used for logging into the other
> system and they are not going to change the user on the "other side".

How are you logging into the other system?  Telnet? rsh? Samba? FTP?  If
it is any of those, the username on the Linux side might not need
to be the same.

Post by mjt » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:45:54

> I am maintaining a Qube3. Now it is being used for connecting to
> another server. Therefor, it is necessary, that I create a user with a
> user name > 12 characters. The administration tool tells me that this
> is not allowed

... any possibility of us finding out which distro?

1. How to change a users name (r->connection->user) in a module

Hi,

Am using on the only the "check_access" handler and would like to
change/set the r->connection->user value. I've tried setting it as
follows but does not seem to work.
    char *username = "TestUser";
    r->connection->user = username;

I'am  testing the setting by calling the snoop servlet on tomcat and
checking the Remote User value.

All of the example modules I've seen (including mod_digest, etc) do this
in the "check_auth" handler. So, wondering if one can change the user
name in "check_access" handler. If so, am I missing something?

Help help would be appreciated

Regards,
-Sridhar

2. Please Help!

3. scoadmin -> Account Manager -> Users -> Add New Users breaks /etc/password symlink

4. Telenet would not work from Win98 ---> Linux

5. user id -> user name?

6. GAIM icons

7. how to user C language to convert a known user id to a user name

8. Is there a .dvi to text converter for Linux ?

9. User login name length

10. Max User Name Length

11. User name length

12. Max length of user name in Solaris 2.6

13. user name length