Ghostscript and HP DJ520

Post by Steve Emmo » Fri, 16 Sep 1994 05:20:22

I have heard that it may be possible to get postscript files to print on my
HP DJ520 since it uses PLC3 language.  I was told that somehow Ghostscript
could convert the postscript to PCL3.  Can anyone confirm this.  If so
could you please explain how I might accomplish this...

Perhaps there is another utility that could perform this task.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Emmons

Ghostscript and HP DJ520

Post by naue.. » Fri, 16 Sep 1994 23:50:46

>I have heard that it may be possible to get postscript files to print on my
>HP DJ520 since it uses PLC3 language.  I was told that somehow Ghostscript
>could convert the postscript to PCL3.  Can anyone confirm this.  If so
>could you please explain how I might accomplish this...

Hi Steve,  I know of a Professor here at Quincy University that just bought a
DJ520.  We did get it to print *.ps files.  With GhostScript just do:
gs -sDEVICE=djet500 <any_other_options_you_want>.  That will print it.

Scott Nauer
Quincy University

1. HP DJ520 Printcap

Hello.  I'm experiencing a great deal of difficulty with spooling anything to
my HP Deskjet 520.  I get the feeling that I may require a specific kind of
entry for this printer in my /etc/printcap file.  If anyone has access to such
a beast, I would be most appreciative if he/she could email it to me, or post
it here.  Thanks.

2. Viewing a remote computers display with x

3. Setting up and HP DJ520. Help.

4. package questions

5. CAN I PRINT POSTCRIPT FILE ON HP DJ520

6. XDMCP and Exceed

7. PostScript Files & HP DJ520 Printer

8. Brother HL-1050 vs HL-1060

9. Printing Problems with HP-DJ520

10. HP4P + Ghostscript & HP 4P VS HP 4 MP

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Graphics printing on DJ520?