looking for the VGA font for xdos

Post by Craig I. Hag » Thu, 19 Aug 1993 13:29:49

hi, I upload the newest version of Xdos (good work!) but, i can't
seem to find the vga font that goes with it,
anyone have it kicking aroud?

-- craig

1. xdos (dosemu with X) problem and vga font

        Hi,
        I have a PC running RedHat 5.0 with dosemu end xdosemu
installed. To get dos running (i.e. to install your hardisk C image)
is a real pain because the only documentation assume that you have
compiled yourself dosemeu and have the source tree. Nevertheles I have
manage to get dos running. But then when I try to run xdos I have a
message

no vga font, use 9x15 instead

then a window with a titile Dos in a Box and nothing. The onl;y way to
get out is then to kill the process.

Questions

1) Is the problem arize from the lack of vga font? I have looked at
the /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/misc directory and see the font vga.pcf
there, but xlsfont does not list the vga font.

2) Most likely problem is not because of font, but what is the casue ?

3) Actually I am quite rather satisfied runing dos (dosemu) inside an
xterm window. It work except that the function key dosn't seem to be
recognized. I just wonder what more I get xdos (and xtermdos). If they
do not provide any more functionality, I can just throw them away and
don't bother any more why they don't work.

Thank

Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble cedex (France)   | Fax: +33 4 76 63 12 63

2. Celeron 400 & LINUX

3. Xdos Vga Graphics with Mach 64 Rage (chipset ATI264GT)

4. Using an entire device

5. XDOS does not accept VGA graphics?

6. Problems with Soundblaster 16

7. XDOS and VGA graphics?

8. HELP!!! 2nd Post! Installing Lmscd0.4

9. xdos gives font errors

10. Font error in XDOS (dosemu)

11. xdos startup size and font

12. selecting font for xdos - only through dosemu.conf ???

13. KDE 2.2.2: control center: Look & Feel: Fonts: fixed width font selector broken ?