Think you use the SLS distribution. The file /etc/profile (something like that)
contains the blunt line `TERM=console`. Remove it. The TERM variable
is set conform the entries in /etc/ttydefs or something like that.
1. Best way to set term and TERM for csh?
I want to get prompted for my term type everytime I log in
because I don't always use vt100 emulation but I'm confused
about what is the best way to do this. My first question is:
* Is it best to do this in .cshrc or .login? It seems like
the answer is .login since this is something you only need
to do at login (i.e., you don't need to do this when you
spawn a shell, etc.).
* Is it better to use some form of tset or something like this:
if (!($?term) || ("$term" == '')) set term = unknown
if (($term == 'network') || ($term == 'unknown')) then
echo 'Please select the appropriate terminal type.'
echo -n 'default is vt100: '
set term = "$<"
if ("$term" == '') set term = vt100
Thanks for your help,
** ** Nancy McGough | "No one suspects the
* ** * Infinite Ink | days to be gods."
** ** ftp://ftp.ii.com/pub/ii | -Emerson
3. ansi TERM not working right.
4. 320 x 200 Video in Matrox Millenium cards
5. Term colors aren't right after upgrade to 1.3.x
7. xterm scrollbar on right? Or other term emulator?
8. Problem Compiling the kernel binfmt-464c
9. right TERM for Midnight Commander
10. *Not getting right partition size
11. Getting time right after suspend in Linux
12. Getting the right video card
13. PPP don't gets right IP-Adress