USB mouse doesn't work

Post by wease » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 07:51:46

I have a MS Intellimouse Explorer that I would like to use as a USB mouse,
rather than with the PS/2 adapter. I compiled a new kernel (2.4.17) with
UHCI, input core, mouse support, and HID support. When I boot, the light on
the mouse flashes twice, then goes out. syslog says:

usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-110)
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)

If i unplug the mouse and plug it back in again, it flashes once, and I get
two more entries like those above in syslog. I've tried switching to the
alternate UHCI driver, and I also tried the mouse with kernel 2.4.5, and
had the same problem with both of those. (I used modules with the 2.4.5
kernel) It has no problem detecting my digital camera. In case any of it is
relevant:

/var/log/syslog: http://12.250.117.109/syslog
/proc/bus/usb/devices: http://12.250.117.109/devices
2.4.17 .config: http://12.250.117.109/kernel_config