Linux handling of memory parity error reporting

Linux handling of memory parity error reporting

Post by David Dyer-Benn » Sun, 06 Mar 1994 06:17:11

Does anybody have any practical experience on how well Linux handles memory
parity errors?  Specifically, does it report the address at which the error
occurred reliably?  And does it kill only the process that had the error if
it's in user space?

I may have a memory problem on a dos system, and I'm not getting any useful
reports to help isolate which simm has the problem.  Would linux do better?
No, that wouldn't be the only reason to put up linux; I'm running it already
on another system, but I was going to move a bunch of memory around anyway.
--
David Dyer-Bennet             Network Systems Corporation

                              My postings represent at most my own opinions.