Missing Programs in SLS 1.03

Post by Eidoo Khal » Fri, 20 Aug 1993 00:54:30

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help
Subject: Missing Programs
Hello Fellow Linuxers. I have one question. When I installed SLS 1.03. Some
programs were not installed such as hostname. But I installed the entire package. I never got any error messages when installing so i dont know what went wrong.
Could someone tell me in which SLS disk and file 'hostname' etc. are stored?
thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Remember: Be careful where you aim, because where you aim you just might hit.

1. SLS 1.03 install and missing header files

I have the following comments and questions to do with installation of
SLS 1.03.

Firstly, I would like to say that I really appreciate the time and effort
put into the SLS distribution by Peter. The comments following are NOT
intended to be criticisms.

- I had a lot of trouble getting SLS to install. I have a 386 with 4mb
  of memory, so the first thing I did was select the option to create
  a swap partition.
  Unfortunately, mkswap ran out of memory while trying to create the
  swap partition. This results in a catch-22 situation which should be
  resolved before the next release.

- Also due to memory shortage (and no swap space), some of the packages
  failed to install and had to be done by hand afterwards.

- Now I have a working system, I appear to be missing many of the gcc
  header files (stddef.h, float.h, to name two). Does anyone know from
  which package they should be extracted ?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

DBA,ITS                               Phone: +617 875 7691
Griffith University                   Fax:   +617 875 5314
Nathan, Brisbane QLD 4111             ***** PDCurses Maintainer *****
Australia                             *** Author of THE and GUROO ***

2. LaTeX documentation?

3. Boot disks a1.3 and a1.5 missing in new SLS version 1.03

4. Canada - SAP Systems Position

5. SLS 1.03 diskx1 description file missing line?

6. Using large 72.8GB drives vs. typical 9.1GB drives in 7133-D40

7. SLS 1.03 missing zoneinfo

8. 2.2.13 upgrade succesful, some module error's when booting

9. missing files in SLS 1.03 distribution

10. SLS 1.03, is it missing something?

11. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05

12. SLS 1.02 -> SLS 1.03 how?

13. SL/IP for linux SLS 1.03