mgetty and seyon

Post by Brian La » Mon, 10 Oct 1994 04:31:46

I'm trying to get mgetty and seyon to coexist without problems. I have
mgetty working for dialins, but when i try to use seyon to dialout it
says that it can't use the modem device(no matter which one I set it to
using -modem commandline option).

  There are no lockfiles in /usr/spool/uucp

  Can anyone help?

  Brian

 President Thomas Jefferson                        | PGP 2.6 email accepted

mgetty and seyon

Post by Brian La » Tue, 11 Oct 1994 06:32:22

: I'm trying to get mgetty and seyon to coexist without problems. I have
: mgetty working for dialins, but when i try to use seyon to dialout it
: says that it can't use the modem device(no matter which one I set it to
: using -modem commandline option).

:   There are no lockfiles in /usr/spool/uucp

:   Can anyone help?

  Thanks to everyone who replied. I answered you by mail, but I don't
think any of it got out.

  The fix for my problem amounted to telling seyon to use /dev/ttyS1 for
dialing out. Now everything works smoothly.

  Brian

 President Thomas Jefferson                        | PGP 2.6 email accepted

1. mgetty and Seyon?

I recently started using mgetty+sendfax instead of uugetty. It is the
greatest thing since sliced bread. Fax stuff works great. I have no problem
running Minicom 1.60 on the /dev/modem port used by mgetty, BUT, if I try to
run Seyon, it comes up OK, initializes the modem as always, but as soon
as it tries to dial, it hangs up. If I "comment out" mgetty in the
inittab, and do an init q, then try seyon, everything works. Any ideas?

--

| John Sielke             | CIS: 70701,326  FAX:(609)794-1194

2. when NetBSD 1.2?

3. mgetty..unable to dial out..using anything (pppscript, seyon)..need HELLLLP

4. KornShell

5. mgetty 0.98 & seyon & PPP 2.2.0c (Linux)

6. LTT for 2.5.43 7/10: S/390 trace support

7. Seyon and Mgetty - Is there anything I should know about!!!

8. Tip from cron

9. Term, Seyon, & Mgetty

10. Seyon vs. mgetty ?

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. WANTED: Seyon button to kill a seyon started term

13. Help on seyon, how to get larger font on the seyon term emulator?