X leaving garbage on screen

Post by R. He » Tue, 24 Aug 1993 22:23:29

I have installed SLS1.02, and un X as installed (color). With both
twm and olvwm I have a problem with garbage that is left on the
screen and with strange scrolling behaviour within xterms. The garbage
consists of vertical lines, the strange scrolling behaviour is shivering
text.

Since this happens with both wm's I guess the server is to blame. Am I
right about that? Is there something I should do to make it go away,
e.g. installing a newer version of SLS or X-server?

Some data:
Compaq Prolinea 4/33 w. 8MB
Eizo VA41 (ET4000) VGA card
Eizo F550i monitor

By the way, does anyone have a good mode db for the above combination?
I need entries for as big a display that is possible with 512k, and
for 1024x768.

Thanks for your help,
Rob Hegt

X leaving garbage on screen

Post by Walt Cro » Fri, 27 Aug 1993 02:01:13

>Compaq Prolinea 4/33 w. 8MB
>Eizo VA41 (ET4000) VGA card
>Eizo F550i monitor

>By the way, does anyone have a good mode db for the above combination?
>I need entries for as big a display that is possible with 512k, and
>for 1024x768.

Is there a particular advantage to using the Eizo graphics card in this
system? All ProLinea 4's have an integrated ET4000 with 1Mb (/AX for the
original model and /W32 for the local bus version), which works fine with
XFree86 1.3.

Walt

1. Intel 845GL screen garbage instead of DM screen

At boot I sometimes get a screenful of vertical lines instead of the
display manager welcome screen. The only solution is to reboot.
The text is displayed ok at boot time. The display problem is never
seen with Windows/XP.
I do not remember seeing the problem with Mandrake 9.1
Intel 845GL Mandrake 10.0 Gdm Emachines T1742 Celeron 1.7GHz 128MB

Has anyone else seen this problem?

2. NFS problems with NetBSD pmax 1.4.1 client

3. kAqua KDE theme leaves garbage!

4. Cyrix 6x86 Linux Compatability??

5. garbage when i leave x...

6. The ncurses lib

7. Q: Curses leaves garbage chars.

8. How can I get process memory usage?

9. 1.1 kernels leave garbage, then hang X11R5/6

10. Left vs. Ctl-Left vs. Alt-Left

11. Help, [garbage] Crashed and I [garbage] Boot Up

12. Help:Garbage screen after exit from X