HELP - Yggdrasil, Mitsumi CD ROM, ATI Ultra XLR Woes :(

HELP - Yggdrasil, Mitsumi CD ROM, ATI Ultra XLR Woes :(

Post by Bob Thoms » Sat, 30 Apr 1994 18:33:34

I have installed Linux for the first time, using the Yggdrasil LGX (Fall 1993)
distribution.

Problems:

a)      I cannot mount the CD ROM drive even though Linux installs fine:
        I've tried      # mount -t iso9660 /dev/mitsumi_cd /system_cd
        With several of the cd rom devices and even after making an entry like:
        /dev/mistumi_cd         /system_cd      iso9660         defaults

        in etc/fstab (The provided documentation doesn't say you have to do this but it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

        The error I get is: iso9660 unrecognised filesystem.

        I have also tried rebuilding the kernel to insure that iso9660 and
/dev/mistumi_cd support is built in but the make step always seems to fail,
usually due to problems at the sound support part of the build...

        b)      I can only get X Window to run with the monochrome-vga server
and with no mouse support... tried several different combinations of answers to the xinit script. I answered busmouse and psmouse and cat /dev/psmouse resulted in some output outwith X on mouse movement but no joy in X...

        xinit seems to not recognise my graphics card chipset even though it
claims the card is an ATI Wonder XL, it says 'ati' is not a valid chipset...

        My setup is:

Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V,
Gateway 2000 Soundblaster 2.0 compatible sound card, IRQ 5, IO Port 220, DMA 1
Mitsmui FX001D CD-ROM, IRQ 11, IO Port 300
ATI Ultra XLR 2MB VLbus graphics card, (ATI 68875)
Microsoft Serial (According to Gateway docs...) PS/2 connector mouse.

        and I will summarise if anyone is interested...

                -Bob.

--

   | MIS Dept.,             ===============================================|
   | University of Glasgow, ================ Tel: 041 339 8855 Ext: 8053 ==|

1. Difference Between ATI Ultra XLR and Ultra Pro/WinTurbo

In the UK is very hard to get hold of ATI cards, the only one that i have
managed to get hold of is the ATI Ultra XLR Mach64 with 2 Vram for 340 pounds.
Could some tell me the different between this ATI XLR, and
the other ATIs i.e the Utra Pro or the Win Turbo.
Or is the XLR just simply an older version of one of the above.

Thanx,
...khanh

2. linux and Freebsd

3. Yggdrasil from a Mitsumi CD-Rom

4. I815e support ?

5. Yggdrasil summer '94 & Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM

6. font troubles

7. woes mounting Mitsumi CD-ROM

8. SCSI HD

9. Red Hat 7.1 install, Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM woes

10. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

11. linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

12. Xfree 1.3 on ATI Ultra XLR

13. ATI Ultra Pro XLR