Does Tseng W32P chipset work with XFree86?

Does Tseng W32P chipset work with XFree86?

Post by jo.. » Sat, 21 May 1994 22:07:27

I'm considering buying a Gateway2000 to run Linux and XFree86 on.  The
salesperson tells me that the chipset used by the graphics card is the
Tseng W32P -- is this supported by XFree86?  Is it the same as the
Tseng ET4000/W32?
The other option would be a Matrox MGA Atlas 64bit which doesn't
appear in any of the list of supported chipsets as far as I can see.

thanks for any help,

-j

Post by T.C. Zh » Wed, 25 May 1994 05:09:14

>I'm considering buying a Gateway2000 to run Linux and XFree86 on.  The
>salesperson tells me that the chipset used by the graphics card is the
>Tseng W32P -- is this supported by XFree86?  Is it the same as the
>Tseng ET4000/W32?
>The other option would be a Matrox MGA Atlas 64bit which doesn't
>appear in any of the list of supported chipsets as far as I can see.

>thanks for any help,

Yes, it works. Xstone is at 44 and text is really lightspeed (bitblit
is low though). I only have one problem with the card or the server:
when screen saver is activted, the whole screen in painted WHITE!
haven't been able to figure out this one yet. I am running XFree86 2.1.

Quote:

--
T.C. - Starving Physicist