Linux on Microchannel (PS/2) Machines

Post by Timothy Bro » Tue, 29 Nov 1994 01:08:13

[ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.admin ]
[ Author was Timothy Brown ]
[ Posted on 27 Nov 1994 16:07:35 GMT ]

Hey, people.

I've noticed that Linux (from what I hear) won't work on Microchannel/IBM
PS/2 machines.  Would someone like to give me a detailed description on:
1) Why this is?
2) What would be involved in making Linux PS/2 compatible?

I'm willing to dedicate my machine to testing it out, but I know nothing
about C/C++.  Let me know.

--

2733 McClay Valley Blvd  | WWW: http://www.inlink.com/users/phylon/homepage.html
St. Peters, MO, 63376    | Inlink Service Rep * Netsurfer * Student * Guru

2733 McClay Valley Blvd  | WWW: http://www.inlink.com/users/phylon/homepage.html
St. Peters, MO, 63376    | Inlink Service Rep * Netsurfer * Student * Guru
Inlink Communications: The St. Louis Internet Provider (314-991-LINK for info)
    telnet vulcan.inlink.com > login: guest * PGP Key available by Finger

1. Linux on Microchannel (PS/2) Machines

Hey, people.

I've noticed that Linux (from what I hear) won't work on Microchannel/IBM
PS/2 machines.  Would someone like to give me a detailed description on:
1) Why this is?
2) What would be involved in making Linux PS/2 compatible?

I'm willing to dedicate my machine to testing it out, but I know nothing
about C/C++.  Let me know.

--

2733 McClay Valley Blvd  | WWW: http://www.inlink.com/users/phylon/homepage.html
St. Peters, MO, 63376    | Inlink Service Rep * Netsurfer * Student * Guru
Inlink Communications: The St. Louis Internet Provider (314-991-LINK for info)
    telnet vulcan.inlink.com > login: guest * PGP Key available by Finger

2. Serious Redhat 6.0 Problems

3. Porting Linux to PS/2 microchannel machines

4. SURVEY: Would you like to be able to print custom AIX manuals?

5. Linux on Microchannel (PS/2) Machines

6. ssh patch

7. MCA Linux (Linux for PS/2 Microchannel)

8. start of orders: SuSE PPC

9. Linux for PS/2 Microchannel

10. Linux on PS/2 Microchannel...advice please!

11. Anyone ported Linux to PS/2 with MicroChannel Architecture?????

12. Linux on PS/2 Mod95 MicroChannel