Yggdrasil Fall '93 and Mitsumi single speed

Yggdrasil Fall '93 and Mitsumi single speed

Post by p.. » Sat, 11 Jun 1994 17:11:47

Can I get it to recognise this set up, so that I can install
from the CD? There's no mention of Mitsumi in the manual.
Could I create a new boot disk to allow me to install from
the CD? Also, I have a GUS, where can I get the relevant files
to support it.

Pete.

*-------------------------------------------------*

*-------------------------------------------------*
|    "This old baby's crashed more                |
|                times than a ZX81" - Kryten      |
*-------------------------------------------------*

Yggdrasil Fall '93 and Mitsumi single speed

Post by John O'Brie » Thu, 16 Jun 1994 09:03:42

check page 37 of Yggdrasil Manual which came with Yggdrasil CD-ROM.
Looks for mitsumi at IO Port Address 300 and IRQ 11.  This worked
on my PC at work with a Mitsumi single speed CD-ROM.
                                                John O'Brien

Yggdrasil Fall '93 and Mitsumi single speed

Post by Hugh Fras » Fri, 17 Jun 1994 22:51:33

I have the same configuration (GUS and Mitsumi). Out of the box, they both
use IRQ 11. The Linux docs indicate that the Mitsumi driver still works
even if it cannot allocate the IRQ. In fact, it does, but that makes me
nervous so I changed the IRQ to 10 and recompiled the kernel.

I did this in the first place because I was getting frequent mcd timeouts,
which aren't that big a deal once everythings installed and running, but
are a royal pain when it kills the installation script. I had thought the
IRQ change would correct the problem. In fact, it did not. I stumbled
through several unsuccessful installs before getting one to complete,
only to get a pointer from someone that the timeout problem is solved
by slowing the memory refresh rate on the computer.

1. Yggdrasil Fall 93 & Mitsumi FX001D

I have problems booting my Linux Yggdrasil Fall 93 CD with my
Mitsumi FX001D CD-Rom.
I guess it just doesn't recognize the drive, although it is
listed in the hardware-compatibility-list. (Or do the only mean
the singl-speed drive?).

The last message is something like:

Kernel panic: VMS: unable to mount root.

Has anybody gotten this thing to work?

\Ralf

2. sound dev file miss

3. Yggdrasil Fall'93 w/ PAS16 and SONY CDU-31A.

4. e2fs Problem -- Need help

5. Background (desktop) color in Xfree/fvwm (Yggdrasil Fall '93)

6. variable looping

7. Nec 3xi and Yggdrasil fall '93 CDROM Help?

8. HELP: SS1 seems dead

9. Can't get Yggdrasil Fall 93 to recognize my HD.

10. Background (desktop) color in Xfree/fvwm (Yggdrasil Fall '93)

11. mounting CDROM using Yggdrasil Fall '93

12. Problems installing Yggdrasil Fall 93 CD-ROM ...

13. Yggdrasil (fall 93) help!!!!!!!! CD-ROM not detected...