Wanted:Dynamic SLIP server connection example for dip

Wanted:Dynamic SLIP server connection example for dip

Post by Dave DeWol » Wed, 27 Apr 1994 00:44:31

The title says it all.  I need to connect to an 'annex' type port.

my /etc/sample.dip is setyp for a static connection.

Can anyoue out there mail me an example dip script?

Thanks

Centre for  Estuarine Research      |  (902) 542-7988  FAX (902) 542-3466
Acadia University                   |
Wolfville, N.S.  B0P 1X0 Canada     |  -- real data are full of surprises --

--

Centre for  Estuarine Research      |  (902) 542-7988  FAX (902) 542-3466
Acadia University                   |
Wolfville, N.S.  B0P 1X0 Canada     |  -- real data are full of surprises --

1. dip and dynamic SLIP connection

: I have been trying to use dip to connect to my school's network. Unfortunately,
: only dynamic SLIP addresses are used. Does anyone use dip with such a
: connection or know of any info. I can find in order to help me write a
: successful script. Thanks in advance for the help.

: Jose J. Perez
: UMDNJ-Newark-Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
: Newark, NJ

This is not too hard to do--just put a line in your dip script which
takes your IP address from the startup message your SLIP server should
give when you connect, like so:

        get $local remote

This will read your local address from the text the remote computer just
sent (it automagically finds the IP address in the string).

There are some examples of this that should have come with dip. I forget
where they are located (/usr/doc?), but if you do a little snooping you
should be able to track them down (you could always try 'find / -name
sample.dip -print'). Good luck.

                                                --Clay
--

Schools of Medicine & Nursing     | http://maddog.fammed.wisc.edu/~helberg
University of Wisconsin-Madison   | Speaking only on my own behalf....

2. Question about printers and a router and samba

3. dip script for slip/ppp connection with dynamic IP address

4. Listing Directories, Files, and Permissions

5. HELP with dip and dynamic SLIP connection

6. cdrom error?

7. dynamic slip connection - my dip script

8. FS: 604e Tanzania

9. DIP Script with Dynamic SLIP Server

10. help dip SLIP wil dynamic IP server

11. DIP with dynamic slip server

12. dip with DYNAMIC slip server: How?

13. help wanted on seting up a DIP server for ppp/slip