Epson STYLUS 800..??

Post by Ji » Tue, 11 Jan 1994 07:14:44

Hey all..
  I'm running slackware ver 1.1.1 w/X 2.0.
I can't seem to get my Epson Stylus 800 ink jet printer to work.
Any suggestions would be of great help.
Thanx.

Jim Gerhardt
e-mail

1. PRINT FILTER: Epson Stylus 800

Hello,

      I recently bought a new printer, an Epson Stylus 800.  Previouslly
I had been using an HPLJ4.  Now the problem is that I have no idea how
print filters work.  I am running Red Hat Linux 4.1 and Red Hat includes
a niftly little Printer Configuration program for X.  It has drivers for
the HP but the only Epson filters it has is for dot matrix printers.
Printing Text works fine but graphics are something else.  Could someone
either point me to a place where i can learn about writing my own print
filter or downloading one written for the epson.  I haven't tried any
other printers settings because I know if the filter isn't correct my
printer will start spitting out peices of paper with a few characters on
them for about a half hour or so.  Thank you very much.  E-Mail replies
would be appreciated.

-jeff stein

2. telnetD: eth0 works; ppp NOT

3. Can't print on Epson Stylus 800

4. Errors in compiling 2.0.7

5. Epson Stylus 800 - poor color with ghostscript uniprint driver

6. Problem with 2.2R and "top"

7. Epson stylus 800+

8. help needed (ERROR MESSAGE)

9. HELP: Epson Stylus 800 and color printing

10. Epson stylus 800 color

11. LinuxPPC and Epson Stylus 800 Printing

12. Epson Stylus 800+

13. Post Script Printing with Epson Stylus 800