Help with setting up news with trn

Post by Sean Stark » Fri, 15 Jul 1994 01:35:18

I need some help with trn and linux.  Please excuse my ignorance.  I have trn
compiled and working for use on a NNTP server.  I have no problem reading
news.  But if I want to post, I have a problem.  During the installation of
trn, the program asked for "inews".  I know that inews is used to post
articles.  What is the linux equivalent of inews and where can I ftp the
relevant information and sources for this program.

Thanks for your time!

Sean

--

| <A HREF="ftp://netcom11.netcom.com/pub/starkey/meta.html">WWW page</A>   |

1. setting news server in TRN (slackwar)

i used to know this, at least on hpux, but am stumped on my
slackware box.  i tried the file suggested in the man page, no help.

it tries some lengthy "your news server yada" that comes from
somewhere.   i would welcome any speculation, even how
to set an envrionment variable in BASH.  christ, i feel lame
today.

thanks!

  --Loren

2. Linux and Colorado Trakker Tape?

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. Password Management -- not NIS

5. Why is Trn so slow, yet News from Netscape fast

6. Linux 7.1 Samba MS Network Browsing Issues

7. Where could I download TRN(threaded read news)

8. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.shell

9. trn and rn news readers reporting out of memory

10. TRN News reader

11. trn to read news

12. New access to popular Solaris forum via news (NNTP) readers -- pan, nn, gnus, trn, etc.

13. trn & rmote news server