Adding Modem

Post by Klaus Lichtenwald » Fri, 13 Jan 1995 19:16:59

>How do I add another modem? (I have it installed under dos as com4 -
> (works under dos) I already have an internal modem (dev/cua1) and
>a mouse installed. Can I set certain users to only be able to use
>that modem?
>Matt

You have to use different irq's for every com port. So, if you cann only
set up irq 3 and 4, you're lost.

Klaus
Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inf., Fax +49-89-98292755

1. Adding Modem to SS20 running Solaris 2.3

I am in need of help.

To this point I have followed what is detailed in Celeste's FAQ about modems
and Terminals on Solaris 2.x.

I have also followed the detailed instructions of a Sun Unix Admin. Class
that explains how to add a bi=directional modem.

At this point and time I am able to dial out via tip or Cu but when
connecting I get garbage.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I will summarize.  E-mail is preferred..I so rarely get to read news.

TIA.

--
Phil Poole,                        |  For those who have seen a light at
                                   |  the end of a long dark tunnel.......

2. cirrus logic modem pgm.info need

3. Adding Modem

4. sendmail question

5. How can I Add modem to SPARC 1000 Solaris 2.3

6. And another one, Claire, sweetie

7. adding modem to a Sony-NewsOS 4.1R

8. Guilty, 'til proven guilty

9. Adding Modem/PPP connection to Redhat 6.0

10. Adding modem backup to ADSL connected gateway

11. Adding modem to Netra i/140

12. Modem lost when adding network card

13. adding second modem