Where to find latest mount/umount

Post by Todd Wrig » Wed, 27 Jul 1994 17:07:17

I have been looking for the latest version of mount/umount. The version I am currently using
is 0.99.6, and doesn't have some of the features I have seen in various examples,
specifically the remount option. I am trying to mount my root filesystem read-only for
checking, then remount it read-write.

I have looked at a few of the major ftp sites, but cant see an obvious package. Can anyone
tell me where (site and directory if possible) I might find a version of mount that supports
remount?

Email to the address below. Thanks

--
Todd Wright                        |  If you can judge a wise man

                                   |  mister you're a  better man
Program complete, enter when ready |  than I.          -Aerosmith

1. USB PenDisk mount/umount; mount: No medium found ???

Hello all,
I have bought an Solid State Disk (SSD) with 64MByte (Hamlet Exagerate).
It works nicely on MacOS 9.2 and diverse WindowsX systems.

I have found out how to mount (mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/pendisk). I
supposed that also umount should work.

I unmounted, waited for flashing of the control light to stop, and detached
physically the device. I then attached it again and tried to remount it,
but I get the error: No medium found.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,

2. mod_rewrite and .htaccess

3. Forced umount (was lazy umount)

4. linux speech

5. does find has to do with umount? can not umount yet fuser find nothing

6. 16-bit generic sound card

7. Mount/umount cdrom & floppy, how

8. Linux support for US Robotics Sportster ISDN

9. Problems with mount, umount

10. mount when folder opens, umount when folder closes.

11. Automatically mount and umount a ZIP device?

12. Problems with mount and umount when shutting down.

13. mount & umount problems