X Wordperfect doesn't work w/ Linux?

Post by Robert I. Pache » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 02:38:00

As a matter of fact xwp is so buggy that students who dare to use it
have to save every 10 minutes or so.  More that one has lost everything
by running the spell-checker without saving first.

-- Robert I. Pacheco
--
-- Robert I. Pacheco

1. X WordPerfect doesn't work w/ Linux?

I get the following error when trying to run WordPerfect from an IBM RS/6000
AIX 3.2.x computer on my Linux's X display (Xfree 2.0, slackware, pl15f):

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  0
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2
  Serial number of failed request:  34
  Current serial number in output stream:  35

I get a similar error for IBM's Info Explorer, but it continues anyways :)

Any ideas?

Dave Van Wagner

2. PPP on 2.3.99-test4 kernel

3. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

4. Cryptic X-windows Error

5. PPP doesn't die, it just doesn't work anymore

6. Kernel-crash with maestro es1978 (2.2.17)

7. : PLIP start up doesn't report problems but also doesn't work?

8. Root FS corruption - bad Tape? Disk? OS kernel?

9. On a Linux router, ftp& telnet works but ping doesn't work .

10. java/43400: linux ibm jdk doesn't work for normal user, only work with root.

11. Oh, fooey -- drivers don't work, rpm doesn't work

12. ping -g 'gateway-IP' 'host-IP' DOESN'T work!

13. 'ppp-on' Works, 'ifup ppp0' Doesn't