Waveblaster under Linux

Post by Jason Carl » Tue, 27 Dec 1994 17:11:50

The subject line says it all.

How do I run an SB16+ASP+ waveblaster under linux.  The only MIDI output I can
get is from the OPL3 chip, not the Waveblaster.

I have tried compiling with MPU-401 support but on boot up the kernel doesn't
get an ACK from the board.

Running kernel 1.1.67.

TIA,

Jason.
Jason Carley                                                                       Res ipsa loquitur

1. ESS1688 & SB WaveBlaster II daughterboard

Picked up what must have been the last of the jumpered ESS1688
soundcards and also a SB WaveBlaster II daughterboard.  Wavetable runs
great under Win95 but won't go work in Linux.  Plain old sound works
just fine, as does FM synthesis, using the stock free sound driver that
came with Linux.  I am using DMA1,IRQ10,IO220.  How can I get Linux to
use the wavetable daughterboard?  In Win95, I have to switch the mid
device to external midi rather than the fm synth setting.  Your comments
and suggestions appreciated.  I had heard something disturbing about the
WaveBlaster daughterboard not being kosher under Linux.  Thanks again

2. Passive ftp and iptables

3. Waveblaster - how to?

4. Help: C-function `uselib', gcc -fPIC

5. Soundblaster AWE32 / Waveblaster Configuration

6. pre-appending timestamp

7. Multiple-OS Waveblaster II problem

8. Rebooting/Restoring AIX

9. SoundBlaser16ASP w/Waveblaster upgrade

10. SB16 PnP and WaveBlaster ][ setup

11. SB16 waveblaster daughtercards and compatibility

12. WaveBlaster daughercard setup?

13. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking