286 and UNIX (Xenix) - thread ends

Post by stuart anders » Tue, 17 Jan 1995 21:25:29

If you have been following this thread, I'd just like to close it.

If you are considering buying Xenix for 286, I spoke to Santa Cruz Operations
this morning in England - the info they gave me was:

current release for 286 : 2.3.2 (1989!)
Price: 370 pounds sterling - thats about 600 US dollars

Verdict: no thank you ;)

Well, its been educational ... thanks for your help everyone.

ps - anyone got a copy of Xenix for 286 they feel like donating for
research/educational purposes.... It would have a good home.

Stuart
--
Drives the imagination

1. XENIX 286 a.out binaries on Linux?

Does anyone have any experience with running OLD SCO XENIX binaries on
Linux?
I have the iBCS module loaded and it works with some newer SCO binaries but
not the one I need.
If I run file on it, it states:        Microsoft a.out separate pure
segmented word-swapped V2.3 V3.0 286 small model executable Large Text Large
Data

Other binaries that are 80386 COFF executable will work fine
No I don't have the source for the program.

Mark Wills

2. Is NIS+ on Solaris 7 compatible with Solaris 2.6

3. Compress for Xenix 286

4. How do I make domain match my machine?

5. Ethernet connectivity for a 286/Multibus 1 XENIX system

6. SCSI problems with recent kernel AHA-294X

7. Xenix 286 program under iBSC

8. NEWS query

9. gnumacs for SCO Xenix/286

10. Xenix/*nix for 286 wanted

11. Xenix Cross Development from 386 to 286

12. C++ WANTED FOR AIX/RT and SCO XENIX '286

13. driver software for mouse in SCO Xenix 286