New linux user

Post by Joe Nekras » Sat, 30 Jul 1994 08:58:55

I have a i486 machine w/ a 230mb hard drive that I would like to put Linux
on. I do have a CD-ROM. Can anyone suggest how the best way of getting Linux
installed? Would purchasing the CD be the way to go? What comes on the CD?
Are there differant companies that market differant versions of Linux?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks millions.

Senior Student Computer Consultant        (814) 862-7958 <Home>
The Pennsylvania State University         (814) 863-1035 <Office>
http://cac.psu.edu/~jpn111/home.html      (814) 863-7514 <Fax>

1. NEW Linux User = New Linux Shareware Web Site

NEW Linux User = New Linux Shareware Web Site

Hello,

 I am a new LINUX and X Windows user. I am also the Web Master of

Official Shareware Developers Web Pages
http://SLiceOfLife.com/Official/

We offer FREE Web Pages and FREE Shareware Page LINKS for
Shareware Developers.

If you are a shareware, freeware, demoware...
developer you can increase the your product distribution
using our FREE Services.

Official Shareware Developers Web Pages
FREEWare for Shareware Developers !!!
http://SLiceOfLife.com/Official/

2. Cannot Telnet to Solaris 5.7 server

3. Colormap entry

4. New linux user needs help with new kernel

5. monitor driver.

6. Red Hat 101: Help for new (and not so new) Linux users

7. Serious problem with Quota 1.3 and the 0.99.15 Kernel

8. New Linux User

9. New Linux User Q's HELP!

10. Please help new linux user with harddrive problems.

11. New Linux user and man question

12. New Linux User