compiling ld86 on a Sun SS1

Post by Michael Elki » Fri, 08 Oct 1993 08:49:34

Hi.
I'm trying to make my Sun Sparc1 be a cross-compiler for Linux.  I seem to have
gotten that part working, but in order to compile the Linux kernel, I need to
compile ld86 and as86...  However, I've noticed that __strtoul is undefined,
so I went and got the Linux libc (4.4.1) source and compiled the strtoul.c
into an object, and attempted to link it into ld86.  However, this doesn't
seem to work, being that I still have some undefined objects...

% gmake
gcc  dumps.o io.o ld.o readobj.o table.o typeconv.o writebin.o strtoul.o -o ld
ld: Undefined symbol
   ___ctype_b
   ___ctype_toupper
collect: ld returned 2 exit status
gmake: *** [ld] Error 1
% nm -u strtoul.o
.udiv
.umul
.urem
___ctype_b
___ctype_toupper
_errno

I'm using gcc 2.4.5 under SunOS 4.1.1.

I know someone must have done this before.  Can anyone help me out here?

I'm oh so close to being able to compile the Linux kernel on my Sparc...

Thanks!

me

1. Need help compiling GCC on a Sun SS1+

The subject says it all.  It there is a different group I should
send this request too please let me, know.

I believe I have all necessary src, but make doesn't seem to want to
take off.  In cc1 there exist Makefile.gnu which appears to be the
real makefile.  But install nots don't mention using make -f ....
just make which doesn't get any, I get an unexpected end of line.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim O'Brien                     University of Maryland Eastern Shore

2. kapm-idled no longer idling CPU?

3. SS1 and SS1+

4. monitor specs

5. as86/ld86 problems compiling 1.3.35 kernel

6. dsniff

7. Compiling AS86 and LD86 under AIX/PS2 1.2.1 with GCC 2.2.2

8. how can I change my screen definition?

9. Problem with compiling kernel (as86, ld86)

10. Problem compiling ld86 with GCC 2.2.2

11. Did anyone compile ld86?

12. Where do as86 and ld86 come from?

13. as86/ld86