Help: Compiling a new kernel + need to know how to add the loopback device 2nd time

Help: Compiling a new kernel + need to know how to add the loopback device 2nd time

Post by pete » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Actually the problem isn't with the compiling of the kernel.  that works

just fine, but I need to create an initial ramdisk because I have a scsi

drive. I am using '/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-image 2.2.13'  but when I

do that I get the message that the loopback device /dev/loop0 isn't
available.  I know that I can add this, but am not sure how.  Assuming
that I can
use insmod to add the device, it requires that I know the name of the
module.  Does anyone know what that would be?

 any help would be great,
    Peter

Post by korth.. » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>Actually the problem isn't with the compiling of the kernel.  that works

>just fine, but I need to create an initial ramdisk because I have a scsi

>drive. I am using '/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-image 2.2.13'  but when I

>do that I get the message that the loopback device /dev/loop0 isn't
>available.  I know that I can add this, but am not sure how.  Assuming
>that I can
>use insmod to add the device, it requires that I know the name of the
>module.  Does anyone know what that would be?

> any help would be great,
>    Peter

loop

1. Help: Compiling a new kernel + need to know how to add the loopback device

Actually the problem isn't with the compiling of the kernel.  that works
just fine, but I need to create an initial ramdisk because I have a scsi
drive. I am using '/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-image 2.2.13'  but when I
do that I get the message that the loopback device /dev/loop0 isn't
available.  I know that I can add this, but how.  Assuming that I can
use insmod to add the device, it requires that I know the name of the
module.

any help would be great,
    Peter

2. prc-tools & netbsd, anybody?

3. Adding a new device driver, need help

4. digicomm connection series h/s problem.

5. Loopback device support, kernel 2.4.14, can not compile ?

6. Command substitution in awk?

7. Can I create/activate a 2nd loopback device?

8. KDM-Login? How?

9. Help needed on compiling and installing a new custumized kernel

10. loopback device ; Help needed

11. compile new kernel => compile new iptables ?

12. Need Help Adding 2nd Ethernet Interface

13. Need help, need to add new /etc/rc script