Smbmount

Post by Joakim Plat » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Where is my smbmount. I compiled my kernel with support for it but where do
i get the program. I have kernel 2.2.6. The program doesn't exist. I even
tried to install samba but that didn't seam to contain the file either.
I'm a total newbie so any advice would be appreciated

Smbmount

Post by Paul Sherw » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:12:26 +0200, "Joakim Plate"

>Where is my smbmount. I compiled my kernel with support for it but where do
>i get the program. I have kernel 2.2.6. The program doesn't exist. I even
>tried to install samba but that didn't seam to contain the file either.
>I'm a total newbie so any advice would be appreciated

smbmount is part of the samba distribution. It is with any Samba V2.n
collection. If you need to dlownload it you should find if at
http://www.samba.org

Best regards, Paul
Paul Sherwin Consulting     22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone +44 (0)1865 721438    http://www.telinco.co.uk/psherwin/index.htm

Pager +44 (0)7666 797228

Smbmount

Post by DanH » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Where is my smbmount. I compiled my kernel with support for it but where do
> i get the program. I have kernel 2.2.6. The program doesn't exist. I even
> tried to install samba but that didn't seam to contain the file either.
> I'm a total newbie so any advice would be appreciated

/usr/sbin/smbmount

Also, 'man smbmount' would do you well.

Dan
--
UNIX - Not just for vestal *s anymore
Linux - Choice of a GNU generation

1. Problem mounting NT share on linux 6.1 using smbmount?

OK, I RTFM but I'm still doing something wrong.
I need to mount an NT2000 shared folder under Linux 6.1.  Here's what
I'm doing:

/etc/fstab entry (tried various options here):
   //10.0.0.10/Notes /mnt/laptop             smbfs
noauto,user,owner,rw,user=steve 0 0

And here's the output I get when I try to mount it:

bcast=10.255.255.255 nmask=255.0.0.0
   session request to 10.0.0.10 failed
   session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
   smbmount: login failed
   Could not umount /mnt/laptop: Device or resource busy
   smbmount: exit

   //10.0.0.10/Notes on /mnt/laptop type smbfs (0)

   ls: /mnt/laptop: Input/output error

I've also tried the same mount using the command:

steve
   ( ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree
Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)

Shouldn't the first method above work?  What's the problem?
If you can point me in the right direction please share.  :)
Thanks!

-Steve in Phx.

2. login logs me out!

3. Smbmount question

4. No password wanted for samba

5. smbmount need mount 6?

6. Is There any Trident 9440 driver for Linux ?

7. smbmount help

8. Riva TNT2 and GL?

9. smbmount to win2k

10. problem using smbmount - not sharing all files in directory

11. Automount and smbmount

12. smbmount for FreeBSD?

13. problems writing to FAT32 smbmounts