smail+uucp=Not-working

Post by Sami-Pekka Hallik » Wed, 01 Dec 1993 04:54:53

I have BIG problems.. few UUCP sites like to join same uucp net as I am now.
But I tried to put their address and everything EVERYWHERE but anyway,
everytime /usr/spool/smail/log/logfile tell me:

11/29/93 21:30:23: [m0p4EIh-00020BC] received
|            from: semi
|         program: sendmail
|            size: 1308 bytes

transport smtp: IP address for semail not found

And it needs to go via uucp. If I get it working somehow, then that message
tries to go to smarthost :-/...
Here how it needs to work:

        semail -+
                +- dream - nullnet.fi - usenet
        plaza  -+

and ALL mail transfers MUST go with uucp.

So it there anyone who could tell me how we can get that system working.
--
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------+

smail+uucp=Not-working

Post by Ken Wilc » Fri, 03 Dec 1993 10:59:42

I am a real large advocat of sendmail. I would at least try to bear with the
installation of it and try it for a bit. I think that you will find that you
will like it.

-Ken Wilcox

smail+uucp=Not-working

Post by David Dave Nutta » Sat, 04 Dec 1993 12:53:23

In the case of a Linux UUCP site using smail, what configuration

                         nearsite!far.domain!user
and the SENDMAIL at those locations rejects it.

I'm not in a position to get those sites to change their sendmail.

Thanks.

1. slackware/smail/uucp don't work!

I've upgraded to Slackware 1.03 and have TCP/IP, UUCP, ELM, and SMAIL
installed.

This combo of tcp/ip-uucp-smail-elm worked fine under 1.02 of slackware
for calling my uucp smart host.

Now under 1.03 of slackware no outgoing mail is sent at all.

I've read all the FAQ's and changed every occurence of smtp to uucp
but still no go.

Thanks for the help!
--

2. Newest Linux CD

3. make smail not use UUCP when ping fails

4. #9GXE64 VLB

5. smail, uucp and a not-so-smart path

6. Two ne2k-pci cards problem

7. smail not working - help!

8. Q: Logitech Trackballs - Are they compatable with Linux?

9. e-mail delivery not working (smail)

10. smail, pine not working

11. HELP smail is not working

12. smail works one way,not t

13. smail uucp problems (zero length files)