Help?? How can i mount the other partion at user??

Help?? How can i mount the other partion at user??

Post by Hell » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:17:55

Hi,

I try to mount vfat partion at user account but there was a rejection
that is user cannot mount this partion, why????  I have given the user
access before, what's the matter with me?? Can somebody help!

thanks and regards
hello

Help?? How can i mount the other partion at user??

Post by Bill Marcu » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:45:37

On 20 Nov 2002 22:17:55 -0800,

Quote:> Hi,

> I try to mount vfat partion at user account but there was a rejection
> that is user cannot mount this partion, why????  I have given the user
> access before, what's the matter with me?? Can somebody help!

> thanks and regards
> hello

What is in /etc/fstab?

Post by Hell » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:23:49

> What is in /etc/fstab?

Thanks for answering me.
well, on /etc/fstab i do not have the mounting partition folder and
also it show my cdrom and floppy are as follows:
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

Is that means i need to edit this fstab to mount partition folder and
change my cdrom and floppy drive?  It is because i also cannot have
permission to access the my floppy and cdrom.  I also try my best to
done this but at the end I make my linux's file system fail and failed
to boot in graphic mode and needed to auto correct the file system.

So how can i edit this file?  Would you like to tell me how to do
this?
Thanks a lot.

Thanks and regards,
Hello

1. Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:25:08 GMT, Matthew Planchant

What does fdisk or cfdisk say about the partition table layout?

The amount of mounted usable space will vary depending on how the
filesystems are initialized, since the filesystem overhead will vary.

Best regards, Paul

Paul Sherwin Consulting     22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone  +44 (0)1865 721438   http://www.psherwin.strayduck.com

2. Need Help with CDROM

3. Some Linux help please w/ user accounts and others

4. Plagiarism detection software

5. HELP: .htaccess authenticated users need to write where only others can see.

6. Netscape Enterprise collections grow and grow...

7. Re-partioning Extended partion

8. Hardware Problems?

9. disk partions (iI am installing 3 OS'es, need > then 4 partions)

10. Can I prevent pinging from others and still ping others?

11. Mount Help/Add User Help

12. mounting hard disk partion under linux

13. Mounting secondary partions?