1. 1.1.45 -| 1.1.94 zImage problem
| [ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.development ]
| [ Posted on 24 Feb 1995 10:37:13 GMT ]
| Upgrading from 1.1.45 -| 1.1.94 seems to do
| just fine with the make config; make dep; make clean;
| make zImage procedure
| no zImage appears, just another big vmlinux file.
| Which, of course, lilo complains is to big!
| (I did not upgrade the gcc libs, BTW.)
| What did I do wrong?
Same thing I did. I didn't read all the release notes to find out that
the kernel moved. I didn't look for it somewhere else. In fact I even
failed to look carefully at the make/compile output just a few lines above.
I was told to find it in /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage and voila!
there it was!
And it makes sense to have it there, too. That way you can (in the coming
future) compile for multiple platforms and not have kernel images get mixed
up. Those doing the pre-alpha development now probably needed this just
to get the ports ramped up into the current levels. Some of the code is
apparently even there already.
Phil Howard KA9WGN | Absolutely no trees were killed to produce this sig.
Unix/Internet/Sys Admin | Well, OK, we had to tie one up and torture it. So.
CLR/Fast-Tax | However, this is not the only sig I have. My other
2. How to filter these fuzzy cool characters ?
3. Error while compiling 1.1.94
5. Dosemu 0.53+Linux 1.1.94 (no-compile!)
6. errors compiling glibc-2.0.6
7. Kernel change summary 1.1.93 -> 1.1.94
9. Compile problem Linux 1.1.94 (genksyms missing)
11. AHA2842A VLB + Linux 1.1.94 Lockup -- Cont.
13. Error booting kernel 1.1.94: invalid compressed format