NEC 260 IDE CD-ROM HELP.........

Post by I am Ma » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 08:10:24

I have a Gateway 2000 PC with an NEC 260 IDE Cd-Rom...the Boot Kernel
(Slackware 2.1.0) recognizes my drive with a #26 message (?) but the Root
kernel and installation will not recogize the drive (i type
custom..."/slackware/slakware" as my source) has anyone solved this
problem or know where the latest root kernel for umsds144.gz can be
found??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mark Richman

1. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

Has anyone had success with the alpha CDR-260 driver on sunsite?  I
tried patching and compiling on both 1.0.9 and 1.1.18 sources
(slackware) and while both patched and compiled, neither could accesss
the CD.  I tried a cat /dev/idecd (which I created according to the
insructions) and it gave me an I/O error.

If anyone has made this work, please mail me.  (Include kernal
version).  I'll summarize if there is interest.

IBM stands for "Inferior But Marketable"

2. Thread Package for Li

3. HELP with CD-ROM NEC 260 IDE

4. Where can I find ghostscript 3.53 ?

5. NEC 260 IDE CD-ROM

6. Need utility to make a CG12 emulate a CG6

7. mount NEC CDR-260 (IDE CD-ROM) drive

8. message queue init

9. NEC 260 IDE CD-ROM...

10. NEC 2X IDE CD-ROM CDR-260 drivers?

11. NEC 260 CD-ROM Help

12. NEC 260 IDE CD ROM works!!!

13. use nec-260 CD-ROM to play music CD ?