HELP: Yggdrasil fall 94 won't recognise my modem

HELP: Yggdrasil fall 94 won't recognise my modem

Post by PHAM Charles Tuan Cuo » Wed, 18 Jan 1995 03:41:48

Hello,

I just got Yggdrasil fall 94 cd-rom and it did not recognise my modem.
My modem is a USR 14.4K fax/modem on com2, irq 4.
The question I like to ask is how do you set it up manually??

Thanx.
Charles.

Post by SethMeister » Wed, 18 Jan 1995 06:37:38

|> Hello,

|> I just got Yggdrasil fall 94 cd-rom and it did not recognise my modem.
|> My modem is a USR 14.4K fax/modem on com2, irq 4.
|> The question I like to ask is how do you set it up manually??

Do you have a device in .dev called /dev/cua1? if so, make a link from
/dev/modem (if it modem already exists, delete the link) to /dev/cua1.
(This is needed later).  Also try to run setserial -a /dev/cua1 and
see what it says.

-Seth