Seyon Mouse Dance: Problem SOLVED!

Post by Michael A. LaBr » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 12:23:21

About a month ago I posted a request for help with Seyon.
It seemed that the terminal window (xterm) wouldn't refresh unless I
wiggled my mouse over it.  I couldn't see what I was typing!
Unless, of course, I typed with my hands and jiggled my mouse with
my foot.  This was not convenient or comfortable.

I thank all of the people who responded, but none of the suggestions
made a bit of difference.  Well, the REAL problem wasn't with Seyon
or xterm, but simply that my irq wasn't right.  The problem went
swiftly away upon typing:

        setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 7

I hope this helps someone else in a similar situation.  I was feeling
so extatic (and stupid) that I had to post.

Thanks again,
Michael A. LaBrot

P.S. The setserial command syntax above is machine specific and not
to be entered verbatum.  Please refer to your setserial man pages.

--
+---------------------+----------------------------------+

|       \     /       +----------------------------------+
|         \ /         | Where ever you go, there you are |
|   LAB   =v=   RAT   |                - Buckaroo Bonzai |
+---------------------+----------------------------------+

1. Doing the SEYON mouse dance

While running Seyon, I need to wiggle my mouse to get the xterm to refresh.
Makes typing hell.  Any suggestions?

--
+---------------------+----------------------------------+

|       \     /       +----------------------------------+
|         \ /         | Where ever you go, there you are |
|   LAB   =v=   RAT   |                - Buckaroo Bonzai |
+---------------------+----------------------------------+

2. RAD tools for Linux?

3. My question has still not been answered.Dance..Dance...Dance...

4. Disable Modem

5. Dance RatSkink Bojangles, Dance LIAR..........

6. Shared libraries and GNU GCC using gas and gnu ld.

7. Dancing mouse pointer+

8. Compaq Convenience Base NIC

9. Dancing mouse pointer

10. Microsoft Mouse and X problem (solved)

11. Mouse problem with gpm: SOLVED.

12. Mouse problems MOSTLY solved

13. problem solved: X window image shifting under #9GXEpro with a PS/2 mouse