MPEG Audio

Post by Emarit Ra » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 07:32:57

:       I have been having a bit of problem getting MPEG Audio working under
: linux. Its strange because in fact the sound support is functional, the volume
: level is not. This should be more obvious than it appears to be...
:       Any help is appreciated.

        I have been looking for an MPEG audio player, I would be most
        interested where you snagged this, please do share.

        Thanks for your time!

:

--

        KG0CQ    _._  __.  _____  _._.  __._

MPEG Audio

Post by Hannu Savolain » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 16:54:33

>    I have been having a bit of problem getting MPEG Audio working under
>linux. Its strange because in fact the sound support is functional, the volume
>level is not. This should be more obvious than it appears to be...
>    Any help is appreciated.

If you have pauses in the playback, the solution is easy. Just buy a Pentium
machine. A 486 (or less) doesn't have enough horsepower to run the MPEG
audio decoder (maplay).  You could also modify the player to write a .WAV
file and then play it later from disk.

If you have some other kind of problem, please describe.

I hope this helps.

Hannu
--
Hannu Savolainen

"Hackers don't use factory prebooted DOS."