Copying Audio CD's???

Post by dmor.. » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:13:44

Ok, I know a thousand people have already posted this question, but from
the responses, I still can't figure out how to get mine to copy audio
CD's.
So I want to use cdrecord and copy one.  What is the exact command I
have to type into the prompt to get it to do it.
My cd rom is at /dev/hdb
my CD writer is /dev/hdd
and when I go into cdrecord -scanbus I get that my cd writer is at
0,0,0

What is the exact command that I type.

Also, one other question, should my cdrom be mounted or unmounted when
doing this?  I am pretty sure my cd writer should be unmounted.

Thanks,
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Copying Audio CD's???

Post by Magnu » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:31:47

> What is the exact command that I type.

I would really recommend you to try 'cdrdao' for copying CD. Really easy
to use and you get DAO default which I think is really important when
dealing with audio music.

Quote:> Also, one other question, should my cdrom be mounted or unmounted when
> doing this?  I am pretty sure my cd writer should be unmounted.

unmounted. I don't think you can mount a audio CD anyway..

Mvh Magnus

Copying Audio CD's???

Post by Dan » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:43:50

cdparanoia -z -B -- "1-4"
will rip tracks 1-4

then
cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 *.wav -nofix
cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 -fix
will burn them...

Have you read the CD-Writing HOW-TO at the Linux Documentation Project???

Dan

> Ok, I know a thousand people have already posted this question, but from
> the responses, I still can't figure out how to get mine to copy audio
> CD's.
> So I want to use cdrecord and copy one.  What is the exact command I
> have to type into the prompt to get it to do it.
> My cd rom is at /dev/hdb
> my CD writer is /dev/hdd
> and when I go into cdrecord -scanbus I get that my cd writer is at
> 0,0,0

> What is the exact command that I type.

> Also, one other question, should my cdrom be mounted or unmounted when
> doing this?  I am pretty sure my cd writer should be unmounted.

> Thanks,
> David

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Copying Audio CD's???

Post by Osug » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:46:50

[excellent answer snipped]

> Dan

[snip]

> > What is the exact command that I type.

> > Also, one other question, should my cdrom be mounted or unmounted
when
> > doing this?  I am pretty sure my cd writer should be unmounted.

> > Thanks,
> > David

You cannot mount music cd's, because they don't have a file system.
Same is true for blank cd's - nothing on them, no music, no data, no
file system, so you not only don't mount it before writing, you can't
mount it.

--
Osugi Sakae

I will not be filed, numbered, briefed or debriefed.
I am not a number, I am a free man. -The Prisoner