HELP! Need PC-Code!!!

Post by F. Flor » Tue, 21 Feb 1995 19:31:40

Hello,
who can i use the "normal" PC-char-code with Linux?
I need them to draw some rectangles in the TEXTMODE (no X).
With DOS this is no problem (char 189 e.g.), but with
Linux i can't find any of these chars.
Please help!
Best wishes, Friedemann

HELP! Need PC-Code!!!

Post by Francisco A. Garc » Sun, 26 Feb 1995 01:56:17

> Hello,
> who can i use the "normal" PC-char-code with Linux?
> I need them to draw some rectangles in the TEXTMODE (no X).
> With DOS this is no problem (char 189 e.g.), but with
> Linux i can't find any of these chars.
> Please help!
> Best wishes, Friedemann

Well, I know of two ways of doing this.  One, become an ANSI fanatic & learn allthe codes neccessary to draw lines (help ansi under dos). Two use the ncurses
library in ncurses-1.8.5 package (You can use the dialog utility in linux).

Hmm, have you tried printf("\189") ? Oh well, I stick to games (and writting them).

-Frank

--
=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
=        "Computers are not smart, they just do stupid things real fast"      =

HELP! Need PC-Code!!!

Post by James Brya » Mon, 27 Feb 1995 14:44:28

: Hello,
: who can i use the "normal" PC-char-code with Linux?
: I need them to draw some rectangles in the TEXTMODE (no X).
: With DOS this is no problem (char 189 e.g.), but with
: Linux i can't find any of these chars.
: Please help!
: Best wishes, Friedemann

    If you want to be able to use the PC line draw characters, and do not
wish to learn the escape sequences for them, all you need to do is switch
Linux into PC-graphics mode.  Do this by outputting the escape sequence
\E(U and just use the normal PC graphics characters.  To switch back to
the normal mode, use \E(K -- where the \E is, of course, ESCAPE.

    Or, you can get ncurses, and let it do the work for you.

HELP! Need PC-Code!!!

Post by Colin Kabaa » Sun, 05 Mar 1995 18:24:13

: Hello,
: who can i use the "normal" PC-char-code with Linux?
: I need them to draw some rectangles in the TEXTMODE (no X).
: With DOS this is no problem (char 189 e.g.), but with
: Linux i can't find any of these chars.
: Please help!
: Best wishes, Friedemann

Read the man pages on terminfo and curses; there may be something
in there for you.

CK.

1. help needed on porting PC assembly codes to linux

Hi,

  I am trying to write an application where a program running on a Sun
station will control a program running on a PC. The program on the PC
will then control a chip through its hardware I/O. I can do the I/O by
writing assembly code on the PC in DOS, roughly it looks like

 mv dx , 100   //specify the port address
 mv ac, 20     //specify the data
 out  dx, ac   //output the data to the port.

  If I decide to build the communication between the Sun and PC (linux)
using RPC, how could I do the hardware I/O in linux. Is there anyway in
linux to write assembly codes ? Are there other ways to access hardware
ports. Thanks a lot!

Rong

                      '''
                             (0 0)
         +-------------oOO----(_)---------------------+

         |  http://bigdog.engr.arizona.edu/~rzheng    |
         +---------------------------oOO--------------+
                            |__|__|
                             || ||
                            ooO Ooo  %-} :Rong

2. Console login causes ppp to dial

3. HELP: Need to add FTP code to my C CGI code.

4. HELP: installing linux on the following machine possible??

5. Need help connecting W98 PC to Linux PC (Slackware 7.0)

6. X Windows: win32 connect to AIX Server

7. Linux experts: I need your help in doing Telnet from weindows PC to linux PC

8. device hdc unable to open

9. ZMODEM for PC code needed

10. need manual for : CONTEC PC-486M(PC) ISA

11. NEED CROS COMPILER TO PROGRAM POWER PC 603 CHIP FROM PENTIUM PC UNDER DOS OR WINDOWS

12. Help: Need POST codes for RS/6000

13. need help - compiling C code with the -pic option, shared objects