unmounting problem with real time kernel

unmounting problem with real time kernel

Post by franco » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 19:33:20

Hi there

I have patched kernel 2.4.4 with rtlinux 3.1. to get hard real time
capability. The patch is the GPL version of RT Linux Pro by FSM labs.
I know of the
patch reliability from people I know.

Running a real time module is fine but when shutting down the machine,
the hdd NEVER unmounts properly.

This problem only happens after running a real time module, i.e.
booting with the real time kernel and NOT using the real time
capability
does NOT cause the hdd to unmount improperly.

Any ideas anyone?

francois

1. unmounting issue with real time kernel

Hi there

I am new to linux.

I have patched kernel 2.4.4 with rtlinux 3.1. to provide
hard real time capability to a machine.
The patch is the GPL version of RT Linux Pro by FSM labs. I know of the
patch reliability from people I know.

Running a real time module is fine but when shutting down the machine,
the hdd NEVER unmounts properly.

This problem only happens after running a real time module, i.e.
booting with the real time kernel and NOT using the real time capability
does NOT cause the hdd to unmount improperly.

Any ideas ? Hope someone can help.
Already tried posting comp.realtime and fsmlabs, no answer

francois

2. lpr Next Generation

3. mounting problem and real time kernel

4. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

5. System time warping around real time problem - please help

6. HP 6L with RH5.0 ?

7. Linux kernel 2.4

8. Real Time timing problem

9. Real/Non-real time communication over Ethernet?

10. Kernel swapping itself out ? (Real Time Support)

11. Linux real time kernel?

12. Linux 2.6 Kernel in Real-time Environment