Where to find Smalltalk

Post by Generic Account 12 » Fri, 01 Apr 1994 15:36:44

: I would like to learn Smalltalk.  Is there a GNU version for Linux
: available?            thanks

There's an X version at sunsite.unc.edu:        SmalltalkX ?  (very recent)

GNU smalltalk at ftp.cdrom.com: /pub/linux/zooed_slackware/oop1.zoo

Smalltalk tutorial at prep.ai.mit.edu:  /pub/gnu/smalltalk*tutorial ?
        in text and postscript version

I was also interested in these, but decided to stick to what I
am familiar with--C++.  Of course, most agree that Smalltalk
is a much better OOP language.

---
mario l gutierrez

1. NYC LOCAL: Monday 3 March 2003 NYC Smalltalk: Introduction to Smalltalk

  from="official NYC Smalltalk announcement"
  edit-level="near zero">

NYC Smalltalk will be sponsoring the following events in March:

1. March 3rd, Introduction to Smalltalk - Method Invocation
2. Will be soon announced

Introduction to Smalltalk

Method invocation in Smalltalk is a one-liner. Come and checkout how easy
it is to do method invocation with Smalltalk.

We will help install a Smalltalk IDE for those guests that bring their
laptops.

This will be a hands-on presentation. All examples will be made in the
context of Sunits.

Date: March 3rd
Location: NYPC Offices at the New Yorker Hotel, 15th Floor
Time: 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Directions:

take E or C to 34th (Penn Station), get off at 34th & 8th

with subject line of: NYC Smalltalk March 3rd

Charles
Chair
NYC Smalltalk

Distributed poC TINC:

Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

2. ISA SMC ULTRA vs PCI 3COM 3C509

3. Need to find vi command to remove ^H from command man find > find.txt

4. Setting up restricted FTP access to user directories

5. find without the "find: cannot read dir /usr/lost+found: Permission denied"

6. Starting Gnome - on RH 6.1

7. find, find, find

8. dump/restore

9. I'm searching for a GOFER & SMALLTALK compiler for linux

10. smalltalk/x

11. GNU Smalltalk on Solaris2.x(SVR4)?

12. HELP:stix/smalltalk on Slackware

13. SmallTalk documentation.