Palm sync issues with Evolution/Gnome?

Post by Robert Floy » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 04:43:27

I'm encountering two problems while syncing my Palm to Evolution:

1. I'm getting duplicate addressbook entries when I change an entry in
Evolution. Here's what I did: I received an email and right-clicked on
the address to add it to my contact list. When I did, I got a
notification that the contact was already there; I selected the Merge
option and thought all was well. When I synced, however, I wound up with
two entries on my Palm and in my Contact list.

2. I added a Contact on Evolution. After the sync, the contact was not on
my Palm. The conduit is set to Syncronize and I know that part is working
(somewhat) because of the duplicate problem above.

Any insights will be appreciated,
Robert Floyd
Durham, NC

1. Sync Problem with Evolution and Palm

Hello I'm running Redhat 7.2.

When I'm trying to hotsync my Palm III with evolution I get the
following warning window:

Unknown conduit "e_address_conduit" in configure!

But it is defined in /usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/e-address.conduit
as:
<gnome-pilot-conduit version="1.0">
  <conduit id="e_address_conduit" type="shlib"
   location="/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libeaddress_conduit.so"/>
  <name value="EAddress"/>
  ..
</gnome-pilot-conduit>

I have also no problem configuring the conduit in gnome control
center.

I've installed the following packages:

gnome-pilot-0.1.64-1
gnome-pilot-conduits-0.8-1
gnome-pim-1.4.3-1
gnome-pim-conduits-1.4.3-1
pilot-link-0.9.5-10

The conduit files:

/usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/e-address.conduit
/usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/e-calendar.conduit
/usr/share/gnome-pilot/conduits/e-todo.conduit

and the libs exist too:

/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libeaddress_conduit.la
/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libeaddress_conduit.so
/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libecalendar_conduit.la
/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libecalendar_conduit.so
/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libetodo_conduit.la
/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libetodo_conduit.so

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Marcel

2. Unix administrator - Southwestern Michigan

3. Palm Pilot Vx to connet with Evolution under Ximian Gnome / Debian

4. A totally whacky idea???

5. Syncing a Palm Vx with Gnome Pilot on RedHat 8.0

6. SCHED_FIFO task blocks magic sysrq

7. Palm data to gnome-cal, gnome-card?

8. starmax info?

9. Installing palm files on Linux with Ximian Evolution

10. evolution: syncing contacts between machines

11. Cannot sync Clie to Evolution in Redhat 9

12. Sync Evolution category

13. Synch palm on usb with jpilot