Mitsumi Audio CD players needed

Post by David Andra Ma » Wed, 19 Oct 1994 01:32:53

I have recompiled my kernel for sound support and I can get sound to
come out of my sound blaster with no problem.  I would however like to
play audio cd's that I have.  I have tried workman and can't get any sound
whatso ever to come out.  I don't know if I need a specific cd player or
not.  I can mount the cdrom properly.... Do I need to mount it before I
attempt to play a cd.  Like I said I can mount and read from the cdrom with
no problem at all and my sound card works so I don't know what gives?

Please e-mail me if you can or reply to my news
directly...which ever is convient.

Thank you

David Mack

If anyone knows of some documentation that will clear this up for
me that would be very helpful as well.