Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI chip

Post by Randall A Helzerm » Wed, 15 Dec 1993 11:30:05

I've just been bequeathed an Intel X-series computer which apparently
has a SCSI controler integrated into its motherboard.  The SCSI
controller is build around the Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI chip, so I
had high hopes of being able to use it under Linux.

However, when I try to boot up Linux (Slackware) it doesn't find any
SCSI drives.

Anybody able to help?  Thanks.

Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI chip

Post by Drew Eckhar » Wed, 15 Dec 1993 15:22:37

Quote:>I've just been bequeathed an Intel X-series computer which apparently
>has a SCSI controler integrated into its motherboard.  The SCSI
>controller is build around the Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI chip, so I
>had high hopes of being able to use it under Linux.

Nope.

Quote:>However, when I try to boot up Linux (Slackware) it doesn't find any
>SCSI drives.

As expected.  The Adaptec AIC-7770 is currently unsupported.  Some one
has documentation on the chip, and will be writing a driver for it when
they get the time.

1. Adaptec AIC 7770 SCSI Chip support

Subject: Adaptec AIC 7770 Chip

Does anyone know if the Adaptec AIC 7770 Chip integrated on the motherboard
is supported in the Linux kernel.? This is apparently the same chip
used in the 154x 174x boards. I got a "kernel panic" message when I tried
to boot the Yggdrasil version of Linux .99pl13 and it didn't seem to recognize
my SCSI Hard Drive. I have an Ambra DX66 486 EISA box with on board SCSI
Adaptec 7770 chip, Seagate SCSI Drive, and ATI UltraPro video card. Any advice

                                        Thanks
                                                                -- Ted
ZZ

2. SMP?

3. Adaptec AIC 7770 SCSI chip support??

4. persistent ppp

5. Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI BIOS and Linux

6. WordPerfect and SCO

7. Adaptec EISA AIC-7770 HELP!

8. Need Help With New Computer!

9. Adaptec AIC-7770 problems, help please !

10. Adaptec AIC-7770

11. Adaptec AIC-7770 difficulties.

12. AIC-7770 on motherboard (~Adaptec 274x?)

13. Adaptec EISA AIC-7770 - anyone using?