Compiling ftptool for term

Post by Kevin G. Fish » Tue, 11 Jan 1994 23:36:12

Argh!  I just get term working, try to compile ftptool for term....

Can someone point me to this libclient.a file??   I've never heard of it!!

--
Kevin Fisher  ><>        |        "Love....Well, never mind..."

Compiling ftptool for term

Post by Daniel L Moor » Wed, 12 Jan 1994 00:42:23

Quote:>Argh!  I just get term working, try to compile ftptool for term....
>Can someone point me to this libclient.a file??   I've never heard of it!!

I have yet to get ftptool 4.6 to work correctly!  This libclient.a file is
one you have to make yourself.  Goto the /usr/src/term directory and
make client.a  that will make the library.

(This may not be the "correct" way but if you do this ftptool will link)
Goto the /usr/lib directory and   ln -s /usr/src/term/client.a libclient.a

Now make ftptool.  Ok if I do this ftptool doesn't work at all, it just
comes and goes. So I went to the Makefile and took out the -DTERM option
and it complied and linked cleanly.

But now the problem is this: I can connect to a ftp site and download/upload
with no problem.  After I disconnect and want to connect again to anywhere
it hangs X -- major problem!!  So what I do is exit immediately after
a disconnection and restart if I want to do more ftp'n' .

Maybe someone else can help me with the fix for this problem.

Dan

Compiling ftptool for term

Post by Kevin G. Fish » Wed, 12 Jan 1994 07:33:08

:
[...]

Thanks!  Already found and done....and I found the same problem with ftptool
as you.  Does yours _say_ it is making a connection, and then hang like hell
when it tries to retreive the directory?

Are there any earlier versions that work (and have been 'termified', cause
I'm to lazy to do it myself)?

BTW--thanks to all who e-mailed me with responses.  Next time I'll look at
the makefile a little closer...

--
Kevin Fisher  ><>        |        "Love....Well, never mind..."