Looking for a book (sys-admin)

Post by William Woelbeli » Thu, 10 Mar 1994 10:14:02

Installation was easy.  Now I have discovered just how huge UN*X is.
Could somebody recommend a good book on UN*X operations and/or system
administartion?

I've already pulled out most of my hair! :)

Bill Woelbeling
Southern Illinois University

--
Bill Woelbeling

Public Key available by keyserver: pgp.iastate.edu

1. LOOKING FOR GOOD LINUX SYS ADMIN BOOK

It's also almost certain to be out of date---the only way I've found
to get reasonably up to date information is to use the LDP web pages.
Besides, last time I checked most of the Bible was FAQs and HOWTOS
that can be downloaded for free (you can also download alll 200-odd MB
of PS sorce for the Bible, but it's probably cheaper to buy it than to
print it yourself), so why spend the money?  If you're looking for a
systems administration guide, and want something that truly addresses
sysadminsitration, I'd suggest _Unix System Administration_ by Nemeth,
Snyder, Seebeck, et. al.  General opinion around here and more than a
few other places is that this is the *real* systems administration
bible.

Todd
--
"Sysadmining is a burden, not a priviledge."  --Aaron Marsh

2. /usr/lib/libm.so.1

3. Looking for Solaris 2.6 SUN Admin Book (SUN 287 , Admin II)

4. speed of system calls vs library functions...

5. Need a good Sys Admin book, and that damn delete key!!

6. Display in UTC Time

7. Good Sys Admin Book?

8. ??:Basic Problem with Development V2.3.24 Kernel Compile???

9. Sys Admin book recomendation?

10. Solaris Sys Admin Book

11. Good (or the best) Sys Admin book?

12. Solaris specific sys admin books

13. Thanks! (Was: Any good sys admin book ...)