ldd -V problems

Post by John C Sterner » Fri, 12 Nov 1993 06:28:04

XFree86-20 is announced, I download, I unzip and untar, (no probs)
minor rejoicing -- I do the correct links add my old clock
section to Xconfig try running just plain X
that is
X   (and return)
I get segmenation fault
then I try
Strace X
I get
-[SIGSEGV]
+[SIGSEGV]

and my prompt

so I do a little reading a try

ldd -V
and get cant exec -V
so I update ld.so (thinking I have the old)
try again and same thing

I have:
386 33Mhz
.99pl13
Adaptec 1542B
some 383 meg HD
Tandberg 250 meg tape
(generic SVGA card only 256k so I am running Mono Server)
I can go back to XFree 1.3 and have no probs

Any suggestions - quite frankly I dont think
it has anything to do with XFree - but who knows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Later,

John

1. ldd problem

Hi all,

  I have an observation that I do not quite understand.  When I use
"ldd" to see what libs that an excutable is linked, it cannot find
the libc.so.5 and libm.so.5.   I am using the Redhat 5.0, so the
libc.so.5 is in the directory /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/, and
the file /etc/ld.so.conf has the entry of it.  So I think the ld linker
actually links to it.  Even the "ldconfig" has the entry for the libc.so.5.

  So my question is what cnfiguration file that I missed, in order to
make "ldd" works properly.

 Thanks a lot.

Kingman Cheung::530-752-0820
http://gluon.ucdavis.edu/~cheung/home.html

2. rsync over the internet

3. linux_lib-2.6 ldd/ld-linux.so.2 problem

4. Authentication check via /etc/passwd

5. problems with ldd

6. Q: Developer hoses server but demands payment. Should I pay?

7. Problem with ldconfig/ldd/ld-linux.so

8. Apache Server

9. installing a package causes problems with ldd

10. freebsd compat problem (ldd seg fault)

11. what does this ldd output mean?

12. ldd -L

13. ? testing ldd mechanism ?